UNEX Manufacturing, Inc., the trusted industry leader in providing innovative order picking solutions, announces Pick-Plank, a mechanical order picking device that affixes to a pallet and converts each pick slot from a static to a dynamic storage position, allowing all items on a pallet to be accessible from the aisle. It is suitable for case picking less than full pallet from a man aboard order picker, eliminating the need for the picker to have to reach or crawl into the storage position.
UNEX Pick-Plank improves space
utilization in the warehouse, provides a
safe and ergonomic pick and increases pick rates.
“Prior to Pick-Plank, workers are required to work inside the storage structure, making them reach and bend to pick items, causing stress and strain on the picker’s body,” said Brian Neuwirth, VP Sales and Marketing at UNEX Manufacturing, Inc. “Because the picker doesn’t have to climb inside the storage structure to reach items at the back of the structure, picking rates are improved and vertical space between shelves in the storage unit is at a minimal, allowing you to save space within your warehouse.”
The Pick-Plank is made of industrial steel to hold up to 1200 lbs. Once items in the front are picked, the worker unlocks the guide and easily slides the back half of the pallet to the front position, moving all products to the front of the aisle, making for a quicker and easier pick procedure.
Features and Benefits of the Pick-Plank Solution:
- Retrofits to any standard GMA pallet so it easily installs on most pallets in your warehouse.
- Solid surface carrier allows typically un-conveyable items due to packaging, shape and size to be carried.
- Locking, self-contained pull bar stabilizes loads during transportation.
- Movable carrier allows rear half of load to move to the front, allowing workers to pick products more ergonomically with minimal reach. It eliminates the need for entry clearance and maximizes storage density.
- Roller bearing carrier slide pulls items forward with gentle force
- Solid steel construction to support up to 1200 lbs.